Can I stop by your office to give you my headshot and resume?

We do not accept unsolicited walk-ins, call-ins, or texts.

Where does Waldron Casting post job notices?

Waldron Casting uses Casting Networks, UpCast, Backstage, our own social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), and SAG to name just a few.

Who can help me if I'm having problems registering?

Waldron Casting is not affiliated with Casting Networks, UpCast, or Backstage so if you are having issues with your casting profiles you would need to contact them.

Does Waldron Casting cast minors?

Yes, we're always hiring minors to work on our projects. Minors ages 17 and under must have a valid work permit to work in television or film in New York or New Jersey plus a valid trust account.

Where can minors apply for performer permits?

For New York click here For New Jersey click here

Getting Paid

How do I get paid?

You will complete paperwork on set that is called a voucher. Your voucher is your record of work and expected payment. Once work is completed for the day, vouchers get sent to the payroll company to process payments. While most checks are received within 3 to 5 business days after being mailed, please allow 10 business days for the payment to be processed and mailed to you. Waldron Casting recommends that talent keep a copy of all vouchers as this is your proof of work.

What do I do if I never received payment for work?

Contact the payroll company listed on the back of your voucher. Talent should always keep your vouchers as this is proof of work.

What if I lost my voucher?

You will need to contact the payroll company. Before calling a payroll company please have the following information ready: - Name of the production - Date worked - Name - Phone Number - Social Security Number

How do I know which payroll company to contact?

The payroll company is listed on the voucher; below is a list of the most common payroll companies. Keep in mind that you should keep your voucher on file as proof of work. -EMS (emspayroll.com) phone: 818.386.0905 - Sessions (sessionspayroll.com) phone: 818.841.5202 - Cast & Crew aka CAPS (https://www.castandcrew.com/contact/) phone: 212.594.5686 - Entertainment Partners phone: 800.562.2718

I have not received a payment for a project I worked on, where is my check?

Please allow 10 business days for the payment to be processed and mailed to you. If it has been more than 10 days please contact payroll.

What types of identification do I need in order to work?

Eveyone must present unexpired identification (ID) to prove you are legally permitted to work in the United States. A driver’s license and Social Security card OR an unexpired U.S. Passport are a few examples. For a complete list of acceptable I-9 documents, please click here.

Do I list Waldron Casting as my employer if I'm filing for unemployment?

No, Waldron Casting is not the employer on record; you should list the payroll company listed on your voucher as your employer.

Set Life

How long will I be on set?

Everyone should expect to have all day availability when applying for work. Filming is typically twelve hours a day or longer.

How do I get my information once I am booked?

Once you have received your booking for a project you will get an email with a PDF attached that will have your report time, report location (also known as holding) and any other information you will need for said job. In order to prevent our emails going to your SPAM folder we suggest adding the project email address to your address book.

Why do I have to wait so long to get booking information?

We get asked this question a lot! We know it can be really frustrating to wait for information so you can plan your work day. A production cannot release call times for the next day of filming until they are completed filming on the current day due to the various union regulations regarding working hours and turnaround time.

Common Set Terms

Crew Call: Time of day shooting is scheduled to begin for the day. Holding: The reporting location to check in for work for the day. NDB: Non-Deductible Break (i.e. The free breakfast given to align everyone’s meal penalty periods) Meal Penalty: Free money Union members are given because they didn’t feed you on time. Picture’s Up: They are about to roll and shoot an actual take. Rolling: Cameras (and/or sound) are rolling to film a take. Pay attention and be quiet. On stage, this is signified by a single bell or buzzer. Double bell or buzzer means no longer rolling. Craft Services: An oasis in the desert of boring equipment trucks. The crafties food truck supplies snacks and food to the crew. Hot Set: A set that is currently in use for filming or needs to be left as is because filming will return there in the near future. Don’t touch or move the props or set dressing, or else prepare to feel the wrath of the art department. Blocking: The early stages of rehearsing a scene; The Director works with the cast to place everybody in the set and walk through actions and dialogue. Be sure to give them space and stay quiet while this is happening. Abby: The second last camera setup of the day. Fun trivia...this is named after the renowned Assistant Director, Abby Singer, who always called the last two shots, giving the crew time to start packing up their gear knowing they were almost at wrap. Martini Shot: The last camera setup of the day. Announced on set so everyone knows to pack up any equipment, not in use. Wrap: Usually the end of the day of filming but can be used as wrap on a scene, actor or item.

How do I become a member of SAG-AFTRA?

Its best to speak to someone at SAG-AFTRA about membership and benefits; click here for more info.

I'm on set and have an emergency; what do I do?

Life happens, we get it! If you get lost, sick, or have any other unexpected issues before arriving to set please contact the show as soon as possible. If you are already on set please head to the PA desk to let them know your emergency as well as letting your casting team know.